101 replies to this topic

#1 chewy74

chewy74

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

Not sure how many people uses uccw in their phone setup, but it really is an amazing app.

Here is my first contribution and attempt...

If anyone has any skins they made or like please feel free to post them here and help this thread grow.

Ok, here's a quick write up of my setup with instructions...
-extract the zip onto your sdcard
-move Google weather folder to your weather folder and the 2 font files to your font folder
-open uccw and go to menu and select 'import skins' and navigate to the unzip files you extracted from the zip.
-import all 3 skins
-setup a 7x5 workspace grid for apex (what I use)
-setup your wallpaper. I used an app called wallpaper wizardrii and used it to scale the wallpaper with no scroll.
-add each widget. Bottom dock - 5X2, top widget - 5X1, and weather widget is 5X2 and if the wallpaper is set correctly the weather widget should be right right at the wallpapers waterline.

Credit goes to pooely for the kickass weather icons and blackbearblanc for the bottom widget and inspiring this. Please send them a thanks or a donation if you enjoy their work.

Background will change with current weather conditions
Day
Posted Image

Night
Posted Image

Enjoy

Download
http://goo.gl/1yS3T
  • TMC363, kimir and anOn. like this

#2 Mr.Nexus

Mr.Nexus

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

saw this on the uccw thread on xda! nice work man!
  • chewy74 likes this

#3 Mr.Nexus

Mr.Nexus

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

BTW what theme are you using. not uccw but the theme?

#4 chewy74

chewy74

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

I'm using black exodus by nitoz

BTW what theme are you using. not uccw but the theme?

#5 rayhodge02

rayhodge02

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Posted Image
will add everything later

#6 chewy74

chewy74

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

Look forward to it.

Is that a little boss theme I see?

Posted Image
will add everything later

#7 rayhodge02

rayhodge02

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Look forward to it.

Is that a little boss theme I see?

No sir...themeless just comottio rom uccw and some icons I put together

#8 chewy74

chewy74

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Nice, the left ribbon looked like boss for a sec... But now that I'm on the tablet I can see I'm blind haha
  • rayhodge02 likes this

#9 rayhodge02

rayhodge02

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Nice, the left ribbon looked like boss for a sec... But now that I'm on the tablet I can see I'm blind haha

Oh I thought you meant a actual theme yes thats his ribbion,,,,

#10 chewy74

chewy74

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

Damn you for making me doubt myself :D/>

Oh I thought you meant a actual theme yes thats his ribbion,,,,

• rayhodge02 likes this

#11 rayhodge02

rayhodge02

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

here guys I pulled my wall and you can put on what ever wall you want 2 files
http://i1111.photobu...zpsdfd4544b.png
and http://i1111.photobu...zpse0724057.png <<on this theres a small issue will fix when I get time
  • chewy74 likes this

#12 chewy74

chewy74

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Seed for life.

Posted Image

Credit to blackbearblanc for letting me loot his stash.

DOWNLOAD
  • kimir, Wyth and rayhodge02 like this

#13 52brandon

52brandon

RDH THEMER

• Hive Themer
  • 1166 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

God. I wanna set one up so bad. But I'm fucking superstitious. Had my Cardinals shit set up since week 1 and we're undefeated for the first time since '74. 10 years before I was born and I think 14 years before they moved to AZ
Crackflasher Beginner Resources:
http://droid-hive.co...nner-resources/

#14 chewy74

chewy74

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

Back it up and restore for game time? Doesn't count if it's restored ;)/>

God. I wanna set one up so bad. But I'm fucking superstitious. Had my Cardinals shit set up since week 1 and we're undefeated for the first time since '74. 10 years before I was born and I think 14 years before they moved to AZ

#15 MDroid28

MDroid28

Professional Interviewee

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

I need help guys. I'm just trying out UcCW and i can't get gmail to work. It says "Gmail 1- select account and name"

Capitalization: The difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Like me on Facebook

#16 MDroid28

MDroid28

Professional Interviewee

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Nevermind. I didn't realize you swiped over to controls.
  • chewy74 likes this

Capitalization: The difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Like me on Facebook

#17 chewy74

chewy74

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Ok, here's my set up...

Echo Boss tab by Echo113
Echo Boss clock by Echo113
Icons are blackbearblanc called dark icons

The rest I made

Wallpaper I flipped vertical and also included.

Note that the weather tab is missing a few weather images. The original creator either didn't update it to 2.+.+ or didn't include it. I haven't got the chance to update them myself.

If mediafire asks you to sign up to download please let me know and I will add new links

Hope you enjoy.

DOWNLOAD

Posted Image

#18 chewy74

chewy74

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Also the app recently updated to utilize apk to apply widget skins... The old unzip still works and I suggest sticking to that. You will learn a great deal more about uccw and it's potential... Plus the apk skin come as Is and not editable

Nevermind. I didn't realize you swiped over to controls.

#19 MDroid28

MDroid28

Professional Interviewee

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

I really like UCCW. Big ass learning curve, but I'm getting the hang of it now.

Is there anyway to make static text vertical? I mean I know I can rotate it, but can I acutally make the letters vertical? Like:

T
H
I
S

Also, are there any font packages floating around out there? I'd like to find a zip that just had a whole bunch I could dump in there to choose from.

Like me on Facebook

#20 chewy74

chewy74

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

No, I don't think so... Best bet it to make a simple vertical widget with the text.

I just pull them out as I load them from themes. I will zip up what I have for you tomorrow

I really like UCCW. Big ass learning curve, but I'm getting the hang of it now.

Is there anyway to make static text vertical? I mean I know I can rotate it, but can I acutally make the letters vertical? Like:

T
H
I
S

Also, are there any font packages floating around out there? I'd like to find a zip that just had a whole bunch I could dump in there to choose from.

#21 MDroid28

MDroid28

Professional Interviewee

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

No, I don't think so... Best bet it to make a simple vertical widget with the text.

I just pull them out as I load them from themes. I will zip up what I have for you tomorrow

You're a gentleman and a scholar, sir.

Like me on Facebook

#22 SamThe2Can

SamThe2Can

• Hive Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

You're a gentleman and a scholar, sir.

Go into my stable and take my finest stallion. He's yours. His name is Windjammer.
  • Wyth likes this

#23 MDroid28

MDroid28

Professional Interviewee

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

I found a nice font pack if anyone wants it I put it on my Drive

https://docs.google....eXBNRzd4MTB1Q28

Just unzip and move all the fonts (not folders) to /sdcard/fonts

*In life, there are no nandroids*

Like me on Facebook

#24 MDroid28

MDroid28

Professional Interviewee

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Posted Image

everything you need is in here https://docs.google....SkRkMUp3LXZZcWc
Note: The flashable zips for softkeys are made for EPIC, which is basically CNA, which is basically CM10. So, make a backup. I also included the individual .pngs so you can assign them manually if your ROM supports that.

***I take no credit for the basic uzip files. I got them from Chewy, who I think got them from blackbeard. I just modified them.***

Lockscreen:

Posted Image
  • chewy74 and Ryno301 like this

Like me on Facebook

#25 jasonlee1

jasonlee1

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

Posted Image

everything you need is in here https://docs.google....SkRkMUp3LXZZcWc
Note: The flashable zips for softkeys are made for EPIC, which is basically CNA, which is basically CM10. So, make a backup. I also included the individual .pngs so you can assign them manually if your ROM supports that.

***I take no credit for the basic uzip files. I got them from Chewy, who I think got them from blackbeard. I just modified them.***

Lockscreen:

Posted Image

here brother. just a few tips and what not to get me goin would be cool
These ARE the droids you're looking for

#26 MDroid28

MDroid28

Professional Interviewee

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

First, download UCCW from the market. Then download my zip.

Extract the zip to the sdcard. The wallpaper is in there. I like to use WallpaperWizardrii to apply the wallpaper using NO SCROLL

Open UCCW and go to "import skins" Find the "uzip" files that are in the folder you just extracted. As soon as they are imported into UCCW, you can either customize them in UCCW or just apply them as they are. Go to your homescreen and go to add widget. Then UCCW and select the size you want. Then you can select the skins in the next popup.

This theme works best in a 7x4 grid (I use Apex). The bottom one is 4x2, the other two are 4x1.

Then for the softkeys you can either flash my zip (I'm not responsible for whatever happens, nuclear wars, dead kittens, etc.) or I have the .pngs in there if you want to assign them manually. I know that option is in there for CNA and CM10 builds, not sure about others. One of the zips has a bootanimation included with the softkeys.

um.. that should be it. If you want to do the lockscreen, that's done using WidgetLocker, and I'll need to throw up another uzip file for that particular widget and a .wltheme for the slider. I can do that, just let me know if you want it.

Any questions, I'm sure myself or someone else here can answer it. UCCW is daunting at first, but pretty simple once you mess with it a little. And you actually don't have to mess with it at all with the skins I put up.
  • 52brandon likes this

Like me on Facebook

#27 jasonlee1

jasonlee1

Advanced Member

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Yes def for the widget locker stuff. Thanks a lot man.

#28 MDroid28

MDroid28

Professional Interviewee

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

Yes def for the widget locker stuff. Thanks a lot man.

Here you go: https://docs.google....Yzc1U00yOHJVWU0

As before, none of that is my original stuff. It's just modified by me.
Hiddenclockweather.uzip - by eCadro
Glassy slider by mutiia
dilocked slider by asas1201

The one in the screen shot is the glassy slider, however I have since changed to using the dilocked slider, because it looks better IMO and I was having trouble catching that little slider button with my big uncoordinated thumb.

Same idea for install. unzip, open the uzip in UCCW. Move the two .wltheme.zip to /sdcard/data/widgetlocker/themes. Then open widgetlocker, long press to add widget (4x2), long press in center of stock slider to remove, and long press again to add custom slider.

I modified the wallpaper for the lockscreen because the rockers were interfering with the readability of the widget. I think it looks better that way, your call.

I'm actually working on making my own SOA slider that, if I can figure it out, will be really cool. Just this pesky school and work keeps getting in the way of my Android...

Like me on Facebook

#29 52brandon

52brandon

RDH THEMER

• Hive Themer
  • 1166 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

First, download UCCW from the market. Then download my zip.

Extract the zip to the sdcard. The wallpaper is in there. I like to use WallpaperWizardrii to apply the wallpaper using NO SCROLL

Open UCCW and go to "import skins" Find the "uzip" files that are in the folder you just extracted. As soon as they are imported into UCCW, you can either customize them in UCCW or just apply them as they are. Go to your homescreen and go to add widget. Then UCCW and select the size you want. Then you can select the skins in the next popup.

This theme works best in a 7x4 grid (I use Apex). The bottom one is 4x2, the other two are 4x1.

Then for the softkeys you can either flash my zip (I'm not responsible for whatever happens, nuclear wars, dead kittens, etc.) or I have the .pngs in there if you want to assign them manually. I know that option is in there for CNA and CM10 builds, not sure about others. One of the zips has a bootanimation included with the softkeys.

um.. that should be it. If you want to do the lockscreen, that's done using WidgetLocker, and I'll need to throw up another uzip file for that particular widget and a .wltheme for the slider. I can do that, just let me know if you want it.

Any questions, I'm sure myself or someone else here can answer it. UCCW is daunting at first, but pretty simple once you mess with it a little. And you actually don't have to mess with it at all with the skins I put up.

sorry for the extra retarded questions. But... how do I set the links for SMS, GMAIL, etc.? Also, can I rearrange them? And how do you get into the app drawer from this screen?
Crackflasher Beginner Resources:
http://droid-hive.co...nner-resources/

#30 MDroid28

MDroid28

Professional Interviewee

• Hive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

sorry for the extra retarded questions. But... how do I set the links for SMS, GMAIL, etc.? Also, can I rearrange them? And how do you get into the app drawer from this screen?

To assign links, go into UCCW, hit settings, then "open/manage skins". Select the one you want, I think that one is called bottomdockSOA or something. Anyway, then at the top, click on select object, then select hotspots. You can move, resize, or change the target from that screen.

Everything in that screen is re-arrangable. You just have to figure out which thing is which in the "select item." You can then move it around. I made some of them images and some of them are static text, because I didn't know what I was doing when I first started, and it was too much work to go back in and make them all the same. I may redo it in the future to make them all static text items so that it is more customizable.

And the app drawer was something I struggled with at first too, lol. I ended up going into apex settings and assigning the home key action to open the app drawer. So if I want the app drawer, I press "home," and it takes me to the home screen, then press it one more time and it opens the drawer.

I wish UCCW would add "app drawer" as a possible hotspot command.
  • 52brandon likes this

Like me on Facebook